Universal Magnetics' Compact Substation offer a comprehensive, sustainable and flexible solution for low voltage (LV) power distribution from medium voltage (MV) network. These substations are equipped with state-of-the-art MV switchgear, Dry Type Distribution transformer with VPI technology, LV switchboards, connections and auxiliary equipment, all factory-tested and ready to install in a prefabricated, compartmentalised metallic enclosure. The transformer uses Nomex Aramid paper, made by DuPont, U.S.A as an insulating material on the conductor, known for its excellent thermal stability and high dielectric strength. With the ability to cater up to 2500 KVA of electrical power to the LV network, these substations are suitable for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and residential applications. Additionally, these substations can be customised according to customer specifications to match the space availability, power handling volume and aesthetic needs of the surrounding environment, providing a perfect solution to meet unique power infrastructure needs.
Features of Compact Substation
- Comprehensive, sustainable and flexible solution for low voltage (LV) power distribution from medium voltage (MV) network.
- Prefabricated, factory-tested and ready to install compartmentalised metallic enclosure, containing state-of-the-art MV switchgear, Dry Type Distribution Transformer, LV switchboards, connections and auxiliary equipment.
- Can cater up to 2500 KVAof electrical power to the LV network.
- Can be customised according to customer specification to match the space availability, power handing volume and aesthetic needs of the surrounding environment.
Benefits of Compact Substation
- Space and time-saving installationsfor distribution utilities, industries, real estate and commercial applications.
- High degree of safety for operators and the public
as all live components are protected against accidental contact with fully earthed metal enclosure and tamper-proof lockable doors.
- No fire hazarddue to the presence of dry type VPI transformer and SF6 insulated RMU.
- Optimal use of available ground spacesince CSS can be installed almost anywhere – next to the driveway or parking lot, or building rooftops, or in the basement.
- Minimal efforts for onsite installation and handling.
- Easy to transport factory-built assembly for remote installations, requiring only RCC foundation, external power and earth cable connections at the site.
- Easy to handlewith mobile cranes or forklifts.
- Low life cycle cost due to minimum maintenance and operational expenses.
- Enclosure protection class as per IEC: 60509:1989
- MV/LV compartments: IP-43/IP-54
Transformer compartment: IP-23/IP-35/IP-54
- Thermal Class: K10
- MV/LV compartments: IP-43/IP-54
- Forced / natural ventilation.
- MV/LV metering and protection.
- Transformer winding temperature scanner with 3 RTD sensors.
- APFC panel as per network requirement.
- Remote interface (operation, load, alarm, events)Fault passage indicator in MV.
- Smart PSS with data acquisition system that uses wireless or bluetooth connectivity for remote or local configuration with cyber security compliance; allows complete control and monitoring from remote location .
- Internal lighting in compartment.
- Provision to connect an external generator directly to LV busbars in case of grid supply.